The Cowgate Under 5’s Centre is overseen by City of Edinburgh Council. We follow recruitment and selection procedures set by the Council.
Cowgate is required to publish a Standards, Quality and Improvement Plan (SQIP) each year. Read here:
- 2019/2020 ‘SQIP Plan’ published August 2020
- 2018/2019 ‘SQIP Plan’ published May 2018
- 2017/2018 ‘SQIP’ Plan published August 2017
All staff must undertake a range of security checks including a Protecting Vulnerable Group (PVG) Disclosure Scotland form, reference and qualification checks.
Adults caring for children are required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as social service workers. www.sssc.uk.com
The centre complies with the National Care Standards which provide regulation guidelines. These are developed and set by the Care Inspectorate in consultation with care users and providers. They guide inspection and regulation.
You can read inspection reports on both websites:
- 2014 Education Scotland: https://education.gov.scot/reports/edinburgh-city/5519810
- 2016 www.careinspectorate.com/index.php/index.php/care-services/ and search for Cowgate